Paul's Blog

Saturday, December 10, 2005

Skiing in Colorado

The last couple of days I've been up in Winter Park enjoying some of the best early season skiing conditions Colorado has seen in the past 20 years. It's been a blast, but I'm definitely out of shape after living at sea level for the past few months. Despite having plenty of snow, this has been one of the coldest weeks ever. Thanks to an arctic blast, Winter Park saw temperatures as low as 38 deg below zero (F)! This is the coldest weather I've ever experienced, though thanks to the dryness, it's actually not all that terrible.

Winter Park is a great resort and offers one of the best deals around for a season pass. I bought their Rocky Mountain SuperPass for $329 which gives you a full season at both Winter Park and Copper Mountain ski resorts, plus 50% lift discounts at Whistler and other Intrawest-owned ski resorts, PLUS you get 3 days of skiing at Taos. Too good a deal for me to pass up even if I have to fly out from Arkansas. Lodging is pretty cheap too, I got a great deal on a studio condo through VRBO.com.

Anyway the skiing is great and I managed to catch some of the Paul Mitchell Freestyle competition on Thursday and Friday. The photo above is Sweden's Henrik Winstedt showing off his great form. I took a bunch more photos which you can see in my skiing photo gallery
.

1 Comments:

  • I love Pinetop Perkins! I have his "Kansas City" which is, naturally, a favorite of mine. You lucky dog...

    By Blogger Juanita, at 3:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home