Paul's Blog

Monday, August 07, 2006

Wacky Weather Continues...

Prague Statue
Well it's a been a little more than a week since I arrived in Prague and the wacky weather continues. The first week I got here there was a massive heat wave which broke a nearly 150 year record for high temperatures in Prague. The next week, while most of the USA suffered through a record heat wave and even a bridge in Ohio closed down because the steel was coming apart, the weather in Prague had suddenly become cold and fall-like. This was a week after California suffered record high temps, as did the rest of Europe. El Paso, Texas was even flooded and received twice its yearly normal amount of rainfall in only a few days. But who's keeping track of all this stuff? I mean that would require admitting that the earth's climate has been altered and we'd have to stop driving SUVs and give up our glutonous ways of consuming fossil fuels. And I don't even have to mention the wars that are going on right now, in lands that sit on top of or adjacent to those big reserves of fossil fuels... Is it all worth it?

Well the rain and cool weather in Prague continue as I write this. It's been raining almost constantly for a week and I'm left with that "it's fall already and where has the summer gone?" kind of feeling. I spent most of yesterday shopping for a jacket and long sleeve shirts, since I only brought summer clothes. My Spanish tan is rapidly fading, and I find myself longing for the sun and warmth that only a week ago I was cursing. Something tells me though that things could change again next week... Well if there's anything predictable about the weather nowadays, it's that it is UNPREDICTABLE.

In the meantime, I've been shooting lots of photos and set up a Prague art and architecture gallery over at Zenfolio. Most of these were taken before the rains came. Well the one good thing about cold, rainy weather is that it affords you lots of time to sit in a cafe and work on your blogs.

Technorati Tags: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home